Fomopan papers!!

0 Replies, 12360 Views

Who makes the Fomopan papers!!! Are they made by Fotoimpex!!

And what developers are suitable with these papers!!!

Niall
[url="http://www.foma.cz/en/fomaen.htm"]http://www.foma.cz/en/fomaen.htm[/url]
Perhaps the question I should have asked is have you used this paper and what developers have you used and liked!

And what developers have you not liked!!!

How about you Mr. Boedekker, Have you used it and

what developers did you like with it!!

Niall
Perhaps the question I should have asked is have you used this paper and what developers have you used and liked!

And what developers have you not liked!!!

How about you Mr. Boedekker, Have you used it and

what developers did you like with it!!

Niall
Hi Niall,

I have used Foma papers a lot - here is what I found:

Fomaspeed Variant RC paper: nice for pre-view pics, fast work, when you have to do a lot of work; neutral black with Tetenal Eukobrom, slightly warm, olive-green with Agfa Neutol WA; good solid blacks (so not as good as Agfa MCP - but no paper is as good as that one), bright open lights (better than Ilford Multigrade); no problems with blooming (unlike Kodak Polymax); faster than ClassicArts/Forte Polywarmtone (needs less exposure); reacts well to toners (better than Multigrade and Polymax, not as enthusiastically as Polywarmtone). Very thin paper back - bad for handing pictures around, good for glueing them into albums.

Fomatone MG (both FB and RC): simply marvellous; almost neutral in Eukobrom (kinda like Agfa MCC/MCP), definitely warm with olive-green cast in Neutol WA; most of the things said for the Variant are also true for the Fomatone MG, except that it is still warmer (though not as warm as Polywarmtone). I also like the FB version better than that from ClassicArts/Forte - the latter is has a much thicker paper base, which sometimes is alread bowed/warped out of the package, and is a PITA to dry flat - the Fomatone is much more easy-going, when it comes to flatness.

I particularly love this paper for lith-printing - it is very easy to achieve GREAT, colorful results with this paper - from orange tones in the highlights over greenish midband to solid blacks in the shadows - my favorite lithing paper.

Roman
Dear Niall,

I have used Foma Papers with A49, Bromophen and Neutol, they give you good results, I like special Fomabrom, it is a neutral-tone graded fibre based paper, similar to the former ORWO UNIVERSAL B, or Kentmere Bromide, the other papers I do not so very good because I do not use much plastic-paper and nearly never multigrade paper, because the lights are bether with graded papers.

Unfortunitely there is no soft graduation any longer by Fomabrom available so that I use often therefore Kentmere Bromide or Wephota Universal B.

Werner

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste

Theme Selector