UK Purchaes

0 Replies, 9741 Views

Hi,

There are many interesting items in the Fotoimpex German catalogue that are not stocked by Retrophotographic in the UK. As these may only be occasional purchases can I buy these direct from Germany?

Barry
Dear Barry,

one of the most important reasons why we partnered with retro is that we could not get any competitive shipping tarifs for shippments to the UK anymore.

The royal mail managed on the average to loose one out of 2 parcels and it took them up to 9 months to admit so. In the end both, us and the customer, were sitting there with lost money and no refunds for half a year and longer.

A major desaster for us and the customers.

All private parcel services seem to to blocked by a state monopoly for the UK held by the royal mail if shippments are addressed to private persons so in the end we were to cease service for the UK or come up with a local distributor.

If you ask Nigel from retro for occasional purchases of side things featured in our catalogue not stocked by him I am sure he will manage to arrange something for you and we will throw the items in with the next bulk shippment to retro.

Regards from Berlin,

Mirko

FOTOIMPEX
(Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 28-12-2005, 10:12 PM von Mirko Boeddecker.)
Thanks for your prompt response Mirko. I understand what you are saying. Delivery in the UK is very poor.

Regards

Barry

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste

Theme Selector